Saturday 19 October 2013

My First Impressions on the GHD Shimmering Silver Gift Set from Lookfantastic.com

GHD Shimmering Silver gift set from lookfantastic.com £89
Available in a selection of other colours (prices will vary)

I have always been a sceptic of GHD straighteners which is why it took me so long to finally purchase one. 
  1. The price is very high for these particular hair straighteners.
  2. I thought straighteners pretty much worked the same as long as you paid a decent amount for them, for me that's in around from £30 -£50. 
 I soon came to realise that's not the case because of the texture of my hair it is prone to frizzing up and going bushy very quickly, just from a hint of moisture in the air.  I for so long bought many different lotions and potions to put in my hair which temporarily tamed the unruly mane but after a while it would soon go back to its old ways.

Even with my Remington pearl straighteners (which i still adore) they are great are giving straight hair (or so i thought) but after 1-2 hours my hair would be a bushy mane again.
I think those straighteners are glorious because they speed up quick and beep just like GHD's and go upto a very high heat temperature of 235 degree celcius. (I was continuously straightening on 210 degrees as my heat protectant spray only protected upto that temperature) Even so my hair would return to its bushy ways.

Then one day I saw there was an offer on lookfantastic.com for a mere £89 (RRP £135) so I did my research and asked all my girlfriends about GHD and all of them except one sceptic highly recommended it. So I ordered them and they arrived the next working day for no extra cost! I absolutely adore this website I have made a second order already to purchase the new gorgeous Limited Edition Beloved Tangle Teezer (they match my GHD's!!!) 


 
Limited Edition Tangle Teezer £15.00 from lookfantastic.com

Anyways when i received my GHD's I was so impressed with how well it was packaged and how beautifully presented it was in its box. It comes with a heat proof roll mat and pouch with a seperator in the middle of the pounch so the wires dont get singed. 

 
When i opened the box :P


When I first tried out the starighteners I was impressed the irons glided through my hair, nothing like anything i have experienced before and was very quick because I only needed to run it through one time. My hair looked even better then before I used the irons my hair was extremely soft, straight and shiny. I however was a little worried about the smell that was coming from the straighteners but I put this down to being brand new straighteners.


Verdict: 
My hair was smooth and sleek all day even going out in the rain. The curls i tested were also impressive they held their form and didnt drop and also had great bounce and shine to them without feeling crispy. (I would be careful when styling as the irons do get extremely hot)

 Pros:
  • Hair is left in great condition
  • Hair holds its curls/straight style extremely well
  • Quick heat up time
  • Quick styling time
  • Light to hold
  • Long cord
  • Glides through hair 
  • 2 year warranty 
  • Comes in many limited edition colours/patterns 
Cons:
  • RRP is overpriced in my opinion
  • No heat varying settings
  • Can get very hot
  • Loads of fakes available online (buy from a reputable dealer and check bar codes and serial number on ghd website)
  • Sets vary with what you get with the styler so you may have to buy a heatproof mat/bag seperately.    







No comments :

Post a Comment